Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Lake Arrowhead Triathlon




The day before the San Diego Half Marathon we did another sprint triathlon.
This one was at Lake Arrowhead close to Big Bear. Dare I say the elevation was a challenge, not to mention that the route is one of the toughest sprints in this area. VERY hilly - obviously everything but the swim.
The swim was 550 meters with a 10 mile bike ride and 3 mile run.





Here goes Jacques on his first triathlon.











Here I am diving into the water (the one with the pink stripe down the wetsuit).

















Here's the two of us in the transition zone getting ready for the cycle.

















And off we go to my favourite part of the triathlon....








Jacques on his way out to conquer the hills.


















After the cycle it's the run, which was a 1.5 mile uphill and then turnaround 1.5mile downhill.
It was a killer after the cycle.

















Here's Jacques coming in to the finish.











To my surpise somehow I managed to get 1st place in my agegroup.
Here I am after getting my medal.